Incarnate Components: Salvage for the Post-Level 49 Crowd
Just like regular Invention Salvage, Incarnate Components are items your level 50 can collect through battles. But there are some very key differences between Incarnate Components and Invention Salvage, which I will detail below. Learn more about the individual Incarnate Components on the ParagonWiki Incarnate Components page
Where Do You Get Incarnate Components?
Incarnate Components come to your level 50 character through various channels, depending on what type they are.
The Alpha Slot ComponentsThe Components used to make the Enhancement for your Alpha Slot can be gotten through:
- Doing the eight Task Forces available in-game (Barracuda, Dr. Kahn, Imperious, Lord Recluse, Statesman, Lady Grey, Cathedral of Pain, and Hamidon Raid)
- Converting 150 Vanguard Merits (gotten by defeating Rikti after you have the Vanguard day job) into one Gr'ai Matter, which can become any Component
- Getting a random Incarnate Shard drop off of Level 50 or higher bad guys--4 to 8 Incarnate Shards can make a Component
The Higher-Slot ComponentsThe Components used to make the Enhancements for your Destiny, Interface, Judgement, and Lore slots can be gotten through:
- Doing the Lambda Sector or Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trials
- Doing the Apex Task Force or the Tin Mage Mark II Task Force
Note: You'll need Incarnate Threads for your higher-level slots' Components, and Incarnate Threads are a lot harder to get hold of--only through doing these named trials can you get any.
More Information About Incarnate Components
- Can't trade them, sell them, or swap them between characters
- Components can be broken down into Incarnate Threads if you absolutely have to have Threads and can't get them
- You can use Incarnate Threads plus some influence to make Components, except for Astral Merits or Empyrean Merits, which are only earned through the Lambda or B.A.F. Trials.
Why Do I Need to Worry About These Components?
If you're not worried about getting your post-level-50 Alpha Slot and its accompanying higher slot(s), you don't need to worry about Incarnate Components. However, if you're interested in any of the content at all, you'll want to slot the Alpha Slot as soon as possible with whatever you'd like to globally boost your character with.