Things To Do in Atlas Park
Ever been completely, utterly bored and have absolutely nothing to do? Well, head over to Atlas Park and try a few of these tips for amusement!
- Especially if you're a much higher level, go around one-shotting the Hellions immediately outside Atlas Plaza...using Brawl. See how many shots it takes to take out a group of 'em!
- This tip is best with a friend to view it, and is best if you fly. Angle your camera straight up at the sky (either with the right-click button on your mouse or the special button Mac users have in place of right-click), take Flight, and then press either S or the Down arrow. Your character, when viewed by a friend, will appear to be floating in a very reclined position (almost like that of a dentist's chair)! Do some movement tricks while you're holding Down or S--try the A and D keys, or the Left and Right arrow. Looks hilarious--get the friend to take a screenshot and send it to you for extra LOLs.
- You can also use the angling-camera trick for a flying dive into the ground. Aim the camera straight down, take flight, and press W or the Up arrow key to start flying straight into the ground. Other people will see your character hovering upside down!
- Stand under the statue of Atlas and hit /e boombox. This works great as a crowd-pleaser on its own, but summoning a pet or having an active aura or power on adds a little variety to the show! When doing this with my Controller, I have her summon the healing Spirit Tree first, and then put down the boombox; with my Blaster, I turn on Lightning Field for an electric-blue light show while the boombox is going (it looks REALLY cool at night!).
- Have a JuggleParty under Atlas, with everyone using one of the four juggle emotes from the Magic Booster pack. Emotes: /e jugglefire, /e juggleelectricity, /e juggle, and /e jugglemagic. Broadcast it and get a lot of people going...and then, it's screenshot time!
- Start a Robot Dance party, using /e robotdance from the Cyborg Booster pack. The more mechanical and metallic the costumes, the better!
- Three words: Electric Slide dance. Somewhere in Atlas Plaza, get a bunch of people together and have them press A, A, A, D, D, D, S, S, S, and W, W, W over and over again. FUNNY with someone off to the side doing /e boombox! (Just be aware that this might set off the Lag Monster in Atlas Park.)
- Fly up to the very top of the tallest building in Atlas Park and fall off it. Sounds stupid, but actually, taking this amount of damage gets you closer to a few badges in-game (for taking certain point totals of damage). Also, the scenery as you fall is pretty fun to watch.
- Use either Flight, a Jump Pack, or a Raptor Pack and fly up to the very top of Atlas Park. Then use your camera to look down, and take some cool screenshots while you're up there. (Turn off the flight power and fall all the way down for epic damage as well!)
- Take a swim through Prometheus Park's big lake--try swimming with Sprint on, then with Combat Jumping, Super Speed, or Flight on for interesting and reflective water effects. And how does swimming work with Teleport? You tell me! :)
- Try the "slow-motion run"--get your character in a corner of a building (either interior or exterior), angle the camera using Page Up so you can see the character from the front, and then use either Left, Right, A or D to run your character. Since you're running against a wall, the running motion is slowed way down--looks pretty trippy!